Partial Tuition Scholarships to Residents of Baja California, Chihuahua, Sinaloa, and Sonora (Mexico)
Through agreements with the States of Baja California, Chihuahua, Sinaloa, and Sonora in Mexico, qualified new incoming first-year students who are residents of these states are eligible for the Gatos MX Discount.
This partial tuition scholarship will place the 2023-24 tuition at $19,800 per academic year (which is about 50% of out-of-state tuition).
Students must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- First-year undergraduate admits to the University of Arizona
- Resident of the following states in Mexico:
- Baja California
- Will graduate high school from one of the states listed above
- Cannot be eligible to apply for FAFSA
- U.S. citizens and permanent residents are not eligible.
- University of Arizona application requirements for students from Mexico
- Students supported by the scholarship program must qualify for admission to the University of Arizona through the normal application process and meet the academic requirements of the degree program to which they apply.
- Students who do qualify academically but do not fully meet the standards for the English proficiency will be considered for admission contingent upon completing additional English language training at the University of Arizona Center for English as a Second Language (CESL).
- Qualified new, first-year students from the above listed states of Mexico who are academically admitted to the University of Arizona will be charged tuition of $19,800 per academic year (Fall and Spring) for the full duration of their study in accordance with the Guaranteed Tuition Program.
- There will be a cap placed on tuition only; there will be no increase in the duration of their study, or 8 semesters (10 semesters for Architecture students), whichever comes first in accordance with the Guaranteed Tuition Program.
- Students must enroll in a minimum of 12 units per semester.
- Course fees and program fees (if applicable) will be charged in addition to tuition and mandatory fees.
- This award may not be combined with any other institutional award including Global Wildcat Tuition Award, Transfer Tuition Scholarship, or Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship.
- This award will be renewable per the terms of the Global Wildcat Tuition Award as listed in the 2023-2024 Scholarship Terms and Conditions
- Students with a 4.0 GPA may be eligible for an even higher scholarship